Real Church Part 3 “Real Message”
Real Church – Part 3
Real Church, Right Message
Acts is a ________________ account of the ______________ actions of people and God.
The purpose of the church: _________________
The power of the church: ___________ _____________.
___________ or ___________ are we supposed to witness about?
Could it be that the lack of God’s ________________ is related to a lack of God’s ________________?
The message spoken by Peter then and by the church today is the ______________ of Jesus Christ.
- God desires to _________________ the message.
God will ________________ the message to the _____________ we are to witness to.
It is likely we will not see how God __________ this until we get busy ____________ our part.
- God has ______________ been in _______________.
The death and resurrection of Jesus was not __________ ______. Acts 2 :22-23
22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
It’s important for people to understand that God has always “__________ __________”.
My struggles and difficulties were _____________ by God and can be ____________ by God for my benefit.
- Sin is _________________. (vs 23) This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
The message of the church is that ___________ people are ___________ sinners, ______________!
Each person is born with a _________________ illness.
- Jesus is ______________
- vs 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.
- vs 32-33 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.
- vs 36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
Peter’s message was pretty much __________ man became a ____________ man.
The message of the church _____________ on the truth that Jesus is alive.
- The message ________________ a reaction. (vs 37) When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
The real purpose of the church is to be a ________________, ______________ by the Holy Spirit, with the ________________ of the gospel of Jesus Christ.