Piecing Togethjer The Puzzle Of Christmas Part 4 “The Hopeful Piece”
Piecing Together the Puzzle of Christmas – Part 4
The Hopeful Piece
The word _____________ is an important piece of the Christmas puzzle.
For human beings, hope has to do with the _______________.
In the mind of eternal God, the hopeful piece of Christmas has always been the _____________ piece of Christmas.
You can have a hopeful piece of the puzzle __________________ of your circumstances this Christmas.
Three “Sides” of the Hopeful Piece of Christmas
- Jesus as ______________ to the ________________.
- 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you may now dismiss[a] your servant in peace.
30 For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and the glory of your people Israel.”
The baby in the _____________ came to remove racism from the _______________.
Neither _____________ or _________________ is related to the color of one’s ____________.
- Jesus as _______________.
- 6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.
- 2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans[a] of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
from ancient times.”
Government is established by God to keep the ______________.
A government of perfect righteousness and justice is a future ________________.
- Jesus as ________________.
- Matthew 1:20-21,
- 20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins.”
- 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
The ______________ Jesus was laid in was in hopeful expectation of the _____________ He would be nailed to.
The greatest gift you can receive is ____________________ through Jesus Christ.
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.