Embrace the DRAMA Part 3 Living the Story Small or Big
LIVING THE STORY – SMALL OR BIG?
2 Corinthians 5:17-21
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone the new is here! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting peopl’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God
God’s Big Story is the greatest ______________of all time.
BVCOB Strategic Focus
Together we commit to build purposeful community through the D.R.A.M.A of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
D – __________________
Reconciliation is the process by which two people, ideas, etc., which are in conflict are brought to a place of ______________ _______________.
In the Kingdom of the World, life revolves mostly around a SMALL __________-story of _______________ ______________.
Conflict happens when our personal security, power, control, happiness, or expectations are __________________.
Through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God created a clear _________ for all people to be reconciled to Him, and He made the _______________ the home of the Kingdom of God on earth.
As a congregation, our ______________ is to lead people from a life of a small ____________ to a life lived in the ________ of God’s Big Story of reconciliation.
Reconciliation is an ongoing_______________ _____________ involving forgiveness, repentance and justice that restores broken relationships and systems to reflect God’s original_______________ for all creation to ________________. Brenda Salter McNeal
Experiencing God’s Big Story
- Be personally ______________ with God – a condition of the heart.
- _________ your sinful state
- _________ your need for His love and Grace.
- __________ His unconditional forgiveness.
- __________ your will to His.
- _________ God’s Big Story of reconciliation in your relationships.
- _________ others as God in Christ has forgiven you…unconditionally.
- ____________ __________ and pray for reconciliation
- Take steps to be _________________ ____________ in faith.
- ___________ in the Ministry of Reconciliation of the___________