I’ve noticed that on Facebook there are a lot of “thankfulness challenges” going on. I think that is a great idea…and you don’t have to have ice cold water poured on your head! I’m thankful to be starting my third year of ministry at Buffalo Valley Church of the Brethren. I am very thankful for the people….
– those people who began this local church more than 150 years ago
– those people who labored and served who have gone on to heaven
– those people who are here now and have served for many years
– those people who are new to our church and bring new ideas and abilities
– those people who have yet to come but who will in the coming days
As I’ve grown older I have come to appreciate thankfulness more and more. I have come to see the hand of God in my life in ways that produce a deep sense of gratitude and appreciation for Him. I am also thankful for the hundreds of people who have poured into my life over the past “almost” 50 years. I am eternally grateful for them as well.
As I begin a 3rd year here at Buffalo Valley, the words of 1 Thessalonians 4:18 ring true: “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”